Thursday, December 13, 2007

Launching

Every so often someone will say, oh I read your blog, and ....whatever response they had to it...and it reminds me that I haven't posted in a while. I write all the time because I journal daily, I'm part of a memoir writing group and I participate in a monthly online forum called Book-in-a-Week where members sets daily page goals that they will write during a one-week period. It's so easy to drift away from writing because it is hard work and can be mentally and emotionally draining as anyone who writes knows all too well. I've started several projects to post here but for one reason or another, I don't finish them up and post until I get the I-read-your-blog reminder. One reason I wanted to begin a blog at all is to get some exposure for and feedback to my writing because I do aspire to publish but lacked confidence. The feedback I've received has been motivating and helpful, so, thanks and blessings to those of you who have taken the time to read and comment.

Last time I wrote that I was beginning an association with a group called Ladies Who Launch. I attended a four-week session with four of five other ladies, some with established businesses and others in the incubation or launching stages of their business ideas. It was both productive and nurturing as I find it generally to be when a group of likeminded women get together to accomplish something. I learned some interesting things about myself, my ideas, and how differently the process of business building happens for women than it generally occurs for men. This is a main premise of the Ladies Who Launch network, that for women, these ventures don't necessarily get off the ground as the result of careful and purposefully structured planning but more organically, often as the result of some twist of fate or tribulation that sets the person onto a new life path long before they thought they were ready for such a change. This can be the loss of a job, a spouse's job loss or relocation, a child's illness, or any number of encounters with the unexpected. Life comes at you fast, the insurance company ad tells us. How women respond to these alterations in the cosmic fabric is often to design and tailor a new fashion line, something they've wanted to do since forever but never had the opportunity The furnace of adversity just becomes a better place to bake that great bread recipe they found, and hey, while we're at it, let's open a deli. I started a successful business once and it was just that way, organic, absolutely macrobiotic. It had a life of its own from the beginning and was the pinnacle experience of my life, bearing me on angels wings over fifteen of the most trying years of that same life. When the thought first came, it seemed impossible; I had so little to work with, yet somehow those crumbs were enough. I want to do it again. By the grace of God, I will. I feel it pressing through the soil and ready to emerge into the sunlight.

If you are interested in incubating some long-dormant dream and desire and want to network with others who are in all stages of the process, log onto the Ladies Who Launch website - www.ladieswholaunch.com. Women working together - there's no limit on what can be done. Let's face it, we've been bringing new things to the world since the beginning.

Until the next time.
Carol

No comments: